Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Why I Chose Therapy Over My Cable Bill

I am going through a very, very difficult time right now...extremely difficult. Probably one of the biggest challenges I will face in my life (I hope).  So, the question becomes...how do I cope? How do I make it through the long stressful, lonely days? How do I see the big picture and remember that this too shall pass (as EVERYONE tells me!)  How do I stay grounded and take good care of my kids while I'm hurting so badly?  How do I pay my bills, stay focused, find a career, and take care of myself at the same time.  Well, I decided therapy would be one of my current top priorities. 
I'm a firm believer that how you spend your money is a direct reflection of your priorities.  Right now my priorities are to get my S&^T together, stay healthy (or at least not let myself go), take good care of my kids, and get my finances back together.  SO, does watching the Bachelor or Good Morning America fit into my goals right now....um...I don't think so! 
So, it's been 1 month without cable and actually I don't really miss it!  I feel like I've been spending more quality time with my daughters and I am definitely more productive!  I get RedBox videos, videos from the library, and watch Modern Family and the Bachelorette on the internet occasionally but the funny thing is that I do not really miss it! When I babysit in the evenings at other families houses (with cable) I don't even turn on the t.v!
Well, I don't know what's happening in my life right now but one thing I do know is that I am being strong and my money is being used to make me stronger.
I don't pass any judgment on people who are using cable as their form of relaxation (because it can be a great thing to unwind and relax) but for me right now I feel better going to sleep at night knowing that I'm spending my money on things that will help me become a better person......and keep me off of suicide watch, drugs, or the streets...lol (kind of!)


No comments:

Post a Comment