Sunday, March 23, 2014

4 Ways to Make Family Movie Night a Blast

 


If you're like me, one of my favorite family activities is to have family movie night.  What I like best about family movie night is the excitement and anticipation around it.  I want my children to look back and remember these times fondly so I try to make it fun!  Here's how I do it...

1.  Let your kids pick the movie
Of course, what else but Frozen!? Who doesn't want to watch Frozen?! What a great movie that even adults will enjoy!  You can buy it here on Amazon for $20.00 or, of course, find a Red Box machine near you!  If Frozen isn't your top pick, here are some great ideas for family friendly movies from Parenting Magazine Best Movies for Families.

2.  Build excitement
 Let your kids pick the movie and watch the trailer online.  Find out some things about the characters and ask them questions about what they think will happen in the movie.

3.  Make a cool snack
I like to make a snack that fits the theme (ice cream for Frozen for example) but you don't need to go crazy.  Popcorn is always a hit!

4. WATCH the movie.  No, really WATCH the movie.  Put your phone away and be present.  Engage in the movie and engage in your child's life.  You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment