How to Make Random Acts of Kindness Simple and Fun!
Practicing Random Acts of Kindness is a great way to have fun and also give back to others. Include your children in the fun by asking them for ideas (you will be amazed at what they come up with!) Here are a few ideas to get you started...
1. Make a "Just Because" card and send it to a relative, friend, or even a neighbor!
2. Bake a dessert or dinner for someone
3. Send an e-card
4. Give an extra tip to someone that provided good service or tell their boss what great service you had.
5. Paint a picture and tie it up with a pretty ribbon, hang it on a neighbors door
6. Give a compliment
7. Visit a nursing home and play an instrument or a tell a funny joke (of course, they will be happy with just seeing children!)
The fun twist to this activity is keeping it a secret! SHHHH! Teach your kids to give to others without the need to be rewarded with even a thank you! Remind them that the real gift is how you feel inside for doing a good deed!
Remember, even small acts of kindness can make a difference! Smiles are contagious!! Ask your child how many people they can get to smile by smiling at them first!