Saturday, July 16, 2011

SHE'S HERE!!!!

Jacklynn Raine Langdon was born on Tuesday, July 12th, 2011 at 12:50pm.  She weighed 7 lbs and 2 oz and measured 19 inches long.  The middle name Raine came to us becuase we couldn't think of a middle name while in the hospital and decided we should pick a name that represented one of our heritages.  Wayne came up with Raine which is a native American name from his ancestery.
So, here's the story!  We went into the hospital on Monday night at 10pm and to my disappointment I was only 2 centimeters dialated but luckily the contractions were hurting really bad although they were only 5 minutes apart.  Early Tuesday morning I got the epidural (woo hoo!)  At 12:00pm I started feeling all the contractions and was in a lot of pain.  The epidural had warn off!  When the doctor checked me I was still only 6 centimeters dialated to which I responded, "Are you freaking kidding me?!"  The nurses began trying to figure out how to relieve my pain then at 12:40 they figured out that the baby was coming right away!  Everyone started scrambling to get all the tools, lights, etc. set up (and get the doctor in the room) and I began getting a little scared.  Then, in 3 pushes baby Jax was born and laying in my arms with a beautiful, peaceful, and calm disposition. 
Recovery was so much easier this time around.  In fact, my mother in law said, "You look ALOT better than when you had Sienna"  I guess that's what happens when you have an extended labor and endure an hour and a half of pushing!  I was amazed how easy it was to get out of bed and move around compared to how I felt after I delivered Sienna.
I was able to have a provate room (becuase there weren't alot of deliveries) so it was nice to have some privacy and of course this time I was feeling more confident and was sure to send baby to the nursery whenever I needed a break. 
I was given the choice to leave on Wednesday or stay until Friday and aside from the crappy food, I was so glad that I stayed the extra day.  My mom and husband were so great about keeping the fort down at home so I didn't have to worry about Sienna.  My mom brought Sienna in to meet her little sister. The introduction didn't really go as beautiful as I had pictured in my head but it was great non the less!  I could see Sienna instantly becoming jealous and wanting a lot of attention....uh oh...we're in for it!
We came home yesterday and things have been great!  More updates and pictures will be posted shortly!


No comments:

Post a Comment