Tuesday, July 26, 2011

TODDLER TUESDAY! Is the Breastfeeding Doll Appropriate for Toddlers?

There is a new doll on the market for toddlers which comes with accessories for the toddler to nurse the doll.  I have mixed feelings about this controversial product.  First of all, I think there is a little too much hoopla being made about something that's not a big deal in my mind.  I don't think that I would buy this product for my daughter...but that doesn't mean I have a problem with it. 
There is nothing 'sexual' about breastfeeding, therefore I don't really see this product being much different than a babydoll with a bottle or a baby that comes with diapers for changing when their wet.
If you don't care for this doll than you don't have to buy it for your child....but saying it should be taken off the market is a bit much in my opinion.  If we are really concerned about inappropriate games or toys for our children then perhaps we should focus on getting some of the violent games and toys off the market instead of a nurturing doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment