Friday, May 3, 2013

I am JUST A MOM

I found myself tired the other day. You know the 'can't see straight, anxiety provoking, can't get out of bed, dragging yourself around and feeling like a robot' kind of tired.  I was so tired that I was literally getting dizzy. 
I started thinking about how I spent my day today.  I started the day by making butterfly shaped pancakes for my daughters then went on my day like usual trying to be the best mom I can be with picnics, crafts, reading, etc.  I want my kids to have a good childhood and be happy with fond memories so I like to do as many things as possible....but sometimes I drive myself CRAZY!
Then I started thinking about Mother's Day and it occurred to me....I'm just a Mom.  I don't need to be teaching letters all the time while reading books...that's what she has a teacher for.  I don't need to be googling every little ailment, that's what doctors are for...and I don't need to be entertaining her all the time...that's why God gave her an imagination.
These days we can thank Pinterest for all the ways that we can create the perfect life and the perfect child by giving elaborate birthday parties, doing the cutest crafts, and of course knowing every discipline strategy to get your child to behave perfectly.  But the truth is that I am just a mom and they are just kids.  The truth is putting all the stress on myself only makes my children's childhood more stressful (the exact opposite of what I want to do!).  The most important thing is to love my daughters, take care of them, listen to them, be respectful, truthful, and give them lots of hugs and kisses.  Does it really have to be that difficult? I don't think so!
Well, today I'm going to retire the superhero cape and simply be a mom....a loving, honest, and fun mom that's not stressing about doing everything perfect.....just a Mom.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment