Monday, June 10, 2013

Chutes and Ladders

Life is like a game of Chutes and Ladders.  You're constantly working to go up and sometimes no matter how hard you try, you catch the chute that leads you right back to where you started.  When my husband and I decided to split, I found myself slipping down that long chute and as much as I tried to hang on to the sides and climb up the chute, God had other plans.  He needed me to get to the bottom and work myself up.  I felt like I had no control, powerless and useless.  I had to start doing my own finances, go through all the stuff that was left behind, figure out if I could afford to stay at home with my kids, and grieve.  But I didn't have time to grieve.  I had 2 little ones, ages 7 months and 4 years old.  How would I ever get through it?  I felt like my hopes and dreams were destroyed.  But things always get better and of course they have.

The answer is I just did it.  Just put one foot in front of the other and trusted in God.  Things have got better.  I have my budget figured out and custody is figured out. 
Whatever life struggle you're going through, remember that you're not alone.  Everyone has struggles at different points in their lives and you can still move up those ladders and of course enjoy the game along the way.  Although sometimes we can't help what number we get when we spin the wheel but we can choose weather we enjoy the game or become bitter because we can't get where we want... and also who we play the game with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment