Saturday, March 16, 2013

How Martial Arts Has Made Me a Better Mom

I never had any desiere to practice martial arts until I was 25 years old.  I randomly stumbled upon it and it changed my life forever.  What I thought would make me strong and safe turned into something that gave me the tools to conquer anything I want to do in life...including parenting.
Parenting is one of the toughest but most rewarding things I will ever do.  If I didn't have the tools that I learned from marital arts I really don't know what I would do.  Patience, self discipline, structure and respect are the best qualities a mom can have and my favorite tools for creating a positive environment for my children.  Although there are many times that I forget to use these tools, I am able to be flexible and patient with myself to get back on track and be the type of parent I want to be. I am so thankful that marital arts has made me become a better mom and ultimately a better person. 


This is me receiving my black belt in martial arts in 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment